Still time to apply for the Lockport Art Contest
This is an open invitation for all levels and styles of art marketing inspired by the historic stories, industry and architecture of Lockport. Flex those creative muscles and be part of this summer’s art contest. All forms of art are welcoming, including drawing, painting and photography. It’s your time to shine! There are two categories – one for artists 18 & older and one for artists 17 & younger. The submission deadline is May 20.
What is the “Artist Choice Awards Contest?”
- A chance to display your art in local businesses and win prizes in this juried show
- A limited number of entries will be accepted.
- Art and Industry: The architecture, the history and the mechanisms that shape Lockport
- Any medium – paintings, photography, 2d – 3d sculptures, etc.
- Local businesses will house & display the art for the public to vote between July 31 and August 20
- For the 18 & Older category
- 1st place: $2,500
- 2nd place: $1,000
- 3rd place: $500
- Winners will be announced on July 27 at The Roxy Theater
- For the 17 & Younger category
- 1st place: $1,000
- 2nd place: $500
- 3rd place: $250
- Winners will be announced on August 24 at The Roxy Theater
Where can I get more information, including how to submit my art, deadlines and the other fine print?
Please visit http://www.cityoflockport.net/636/Summer-Art-Series.